Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st day of school

Hey y'all :D
  So, I managed to survive the first day of school!
Every year, the first day of school brings so much excitment and dread.
It all begins with an assembly first thing in the morning and then we are divided into our classes. Let me say, its torture waiting to find out who is in your class and what courses you are taking. As I listen to the speaker drone on and on, I can barely sit still. Twisting in my chair, I keep peering around the gym to take a look at all the new kids and old.
There is just something about the first day of school that drives me crazy. Maybe its just the fact that I haven't seen most people for 2 months...
Back to my "exciting story" of my day-
 -After the assembly was FINALLY over, we headed up to our homerooms and then our homeroom teachers go through the normal procedure. They explain the schedule and other endless facts.
We  also get introduced to the new students and receive our planners and entertainment books (the books of suffering).
Then basically after that we are done. Nothing else I can really say. This probably sounds incredibly boring but during this whole thing, I felt like a giant energizer bunny, just ready to explode.


 After the first day of school is complete, you are left with the horrible realization that you will actually have to start working the next day. Homework assignments and quizzes will already be set! Nobody feeels ready for that!

 Now, as I'm contemplating the day and thinking about school, I come back to thought this is another year that will just fly by. Time just seems to speed on by, even if we are not ready for the adjustments. One of my latest favorite songs (Blink) by Revive decribes it perfectly," It happens in a blink, it happens in flash, it happens in the time it took to look back. I tried to hold on tight but there is no stopping time."
The new challenges and situations that we will face seem daunting but before we know it, we'll be at the other side and we can look back and say how these events have changed us and shaped us.
I know as I begin a new school year, I will have to endure many different things that will seem scary or hard.
Yet I know God will help me get through them and its exciting to think how these things can help me grow.
  With my continuous prayer, I hope that I will be able to work really hard this year and with God's guidance step out and be more of a leader. (I can be quite a shy person)

I feel like I need to add some more stuff but I think I will add that in a different post since this one seems long enough to me.
Sorry no cracks at humor, although I have a great joke that I read online ;)
Well that can wait!
<3 - from your cucumber friend

No comments:

Post a Comment